The Masai Choker comes in a combination of off-white and black natural cotton cords and wooden rings, handcrafted using the age old knotting technique of Macramé.
Our necklaces are small-batch handmade products and variations in colour, pattern, and size should be expected.
Packaged in a Kraft paper tie up envelope that can be reused/recycled.
The Masai Choker is inspired from the Masai tribe from Kenya, and Tanzania - Africa, they are warriors who trace their ancestry to the northern Great Rift Valley in Sudan. Maasai culture includes a jumping dance and the wearing of colourful robes.
Dimensions of the Pendant (excluding the wooden ring)
Length : 7 1/2"
Breadth : 9"
Wooden Ring : 1"
All about Knots - Masai Choker
Cotton fiber comes from a cotton plant, which makes it a 100% natural material. Cotton is soft and pleasant to touch, yet it is very durable. To ensure your new macrame necklace lives a long a happy life, please follow our instructions on proper care and maintenance.
- Cotton fiber macrame pieces are meant to be used indoors. If you plan on hanging your art outdoors, ensure you protect it from the sun and water exposure.
- Gently brush the fringes and tassels with your fingers.
- Only put on your jewelry after perfume and/or hair care products have dried - these may cause staining of the cotton cords.
- Remove jewelry before swimming or showering - chlorine, some soaps and just immersing in water, may cause damage to your macramé jewelry.
- Keep the fibers away from an open flame (candles, fireplaces).
- When not wearing your jewelry we recommend storing in a cotton/paper bag in a dry area away from sunlight.
If your macrame jewelry requires cleaning, you can use some mild or diluted liquid soap on the cord only, on occasion. Make sure you rinse the soap off quickly with cold water and dry the cord by pressing between a soft towel to remove excess water.